The term ‘adesignguy’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Please read through my terms and conditions and agree to them before you decide you require a web site designed by adesignguy. Don't worry these are just basic fair rules with no small print that contain relevant information that covers me for various reasons.
1. adesignguy means Christopher Healey of 6 Hillside Road, Brixham, Devon. TQ5 9JE. All references to adesignguy within this website and any paper documents given to you from me actually refer to me, Christopher Healey who is a freelance web site designer that operates on a client to client basis as and when unless otherwise specified. 1a. For example, I generally just create a web site for an individual or company on a adhoc basis and get paid for it, where I am therefore then required by law to declare any work that I do, this is straight forward and is normally what I do for work, this means I am responsible for paying my own income tax and national insurance contributions. The exception to this is, if you actually employed me as an employee to create and manage a website for you or your company, I would then be on your books so to speak where that actually means you are responsible for paying my national insurance contributions and income tax and any other related expenses as you would be my employer and I would be your employee. In that scenario where I am your employee and you are my employer then term number two is ommited but all other terms still apply.
2. Before completion of the website you have hired me to do, due to the sheer amount of time involved when creating a bespoke website tailored to your needs I will require a payment of half of the agreed design price upfront before starting your website due to possible time wasters, and this part is now mandantory due to one of those unfortunate incidents. However, if I have created a website before for you or your company in the past, may make an exception. Upon adesignguy completing a web site for you, the rest of the agreed payment must be made within 28 days from the date printed on the invoice from me which will be given to you in person via PDF Format on a USB stick and/or in paper form, or it may be sent via either email or by post before I will upload the web site to your server/web host.(again the latter depends on whether I have created a website in the past for you). As soon as payment is made and your happy with what you see then your web site will be uploaded and configured. If I have worked for you adhoc/freelance and/or completed further work for you then I will still require payment within 28 days of the date printed on the invoice sent to you. (See term 1a)
2a. If you hired me full-time or part-time as an employee who is on your books, then I would require a contract and automatic recognition that you agree to these terms and conditions listed on this page. Ideally the terms and conditions displayed on this page should be included on any contract I have to sign, read thoroughly and agreed to, by the employer. (See term 1a)
3. If I use open source software to create your web site such as oscommerce, magento, wordpress and other open source software then you are paying me for my time, graphics, configuration, additional programming, customisation and any other related labour that this entails.
If payment has not been recieved within 28 days, depending on the circumstances. I may have to take legal action to recover the cost amount on the invoice and any additional fees it has cost me to recover the amount.Miscellaneous Terms.
4. After a website is completed, I always place my adesignguy website link on your website in the footer in either text form or picture format to help promote my business, however I will also place your website link on my website somewhere providing both you and me with reciprocal backlinks which helps us both in terms of search engine visibility. If you prefer the link not to be on your web site then you may remove it.
5. I will also use various text, images and screenshots of your website to help promote my business wherever appropriate, these may also be included in a gallery on my website and or an advertisement either on my website or somewhere else on the internet showing off my recent work. This is compulsory as I need to show off my recent work to other potential clients. This can also help you to promote your business too.
6. I may use code snippets and functionality I have used or programmed for your website on any future web site for another individual or company when needed.
7. When I develop a web site and or further contribute to any open source software by adding additional programming, then I may use your web site as a code base for any future web site. This means that some web sites developed by adesignguy for other individuals or companies may bare some similarities, this is especially common with open source software.